Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Montevideo, Latin American Law Program, Day 18


The Holiday Inn breakfast was preetttttyyyyy exciting.  Today was all about logistics.  We took a ferry from the Puerto in Montevideo back to Buenos Aires.  The ferry is a great way to get back to Buenos Aires, but it is still a really inefficient operation.  No assigned seating or organized boarding.  Nowhere to put a suitcase or anything.  But, it for us from A to B.  With my Dad’s international air card, I was able to get a lot of work done while in international waters.  So cool,
We arrived into Puerto Madero.  We actually had a tough time getting a cab because we weren’t super aggressive when de-boarding so we were at the end of the taxi que.  We eventually got a cab and headed back to the apartment.
Amelia had a major health scare, which we had found out about while on the ferry.  It was good to get to the apartment to see that she was ok.  We had a few hours before we needed to get to the airport for our overnight flight. 
I had never been to the San Telmo market.  It is famous for antiques, etc.  I jetted to check it out real quick.  It was nice, but San Telmo really isn’t a great neighborhood.  I debated the San Telmo Market or MALMA; I wish I chose the latter.
I also decided that it would be nice to pick up some empanadas for the group.  I stopped by the good empanada place and picked up a box.  I also went by the Disco to pick up some wine to bring back. 
We called Ruben and he picked us up, and we headed to the airport.  Ariel helped with my many, heavy bags.  Such wonderful gentlemen.  We had no trouble getting to and through the airport.  I even found a cookbook to pick up to add to my collection.  It was a truly memorable trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment