Saturday, January 08, 2011

Buenos Aires, Latin American Law Program, Day 14

Finally, it’s the last day of class.  A day I thought would never come.  Of course, we were in exceptionally rough shape, even for us.  Don’t worry that didn’t stop me from answering questions and participating in class (likely, while intoxicated).  But, class came and went, and we lived to tell the tale.
After class, I got to packing for Uruguay.  Zac and Amelia were keeping the apartment for a few more days so I moved out of my room so that Zac could forego his loft.  I hate packing to leave, it’s the worst.


We went to our favorite, Pizza & Espuma for a late lunch.  Then, I went to the Recoleta Market.  I spent a lot of time there last time I was in Argentina with my Mom.  So, I didn’t feel the need to go there earlier in the trip.  But, I needed some cheap earrings to take to Uruguay since I had been wearing Amelia’s the entire trip.  I ran into the artist that sold me a painting that currently hangs in my bedroom.  She remembered me, and the painting. 


Monica and Rebecca’s lease ended on Saturday, but we weren’t leaving for Uruguay until Sunday.  So, they crashed on our couches that night.  Monica and I went to the BA Pub Crawl again.  It was in San Telmo (a neighborhood that I, somewhat intentionally, had been avoiding).  It was fun, but there weren’t as many locals as there had been for the Puerto Madero pub crawl. 


I don’t remember all the bars we hit in San Telmo.  But, we stayed on through the end of the night where they bus everyone over to Crobar in Palermo.  Crobar is, exactly as one of the reviewers described, a sweat wearhouse.  Huge building completely packed with several bars and people dancing all night.  We headed in sometime after 4am and were the losers leaving early.  Fun last night in Buenos Aires with MoCo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment