Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vienna to Prague, Europe 2011, Day 8

Mom left bright and early.  I got to sleep in and have a little “me” time.  Long shower, some TV watching, thorough packing.   I had coffee and a soft cheese strudel at the café down the street form our hotel before heading to the train station. 

The Vienna train station was very simple and bare.  I hopped on the train to Prague for a 5hr rainy train ride through beautiful country side.  I was ripped off by a cab driver that charged me 800 CZK (US$40) for a ride to the hostel, The Mosiac House.  I got lost in the conversion rate and stupidly paid it. 

The hostel was great.  It was more like a really, really fun hotel.  I checked in and waited on Melissa to arrive.

Once Melissa got in, we went to a pizzeria called Pizza Koramatsu (check LP) recommended by the Lonely Planet “Prague” App.  The pizza was actually really good, and it gave us a chance to catch up.  We headed in fairly early in preparation for a jam packed Saturday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment