Friday, August 05, 2011

Berlin, Europe 2011, Day 23


 I didn’t realize my wallet was missing until it couldn’t be found in the morning. Of course, I had no time to deal with it since I was taking the test to get course credit for the class that afternoon.

The closing ceremonies went on for quite sometime in a nearby building. It was hot and stuffy, but it was still nice to have some conclusion.

After the test and a brief rest, I received a BBM from our friends in the building next to ours saying they had been burgled. Someone broke into their apartment and ransacked their place for cash, jewelry, and laptops. It was quite an ordeal, and the police came to their apartment and did some CSI investigation.

Meanwhile, at another police station in Berlin, I went with Frederik and Anne to report my wallet missing. Frederik was/ is basically me hero throughout this ordeal. Unfortunately, I was unable to report it stolen since I it was dropped not stolen, and we were directed to a lost and found that was not yet open. I tried to be a good sport about the ordeal, and we tried to enjoy the walk through Mitte and even stopped for some pics.

We grabbed a nice dinner at Gendemarie in Mitte. It had a really heavy, but delicious lamb. I wasn’t really in the mood to do anything after dinner, but was meant to meet Rachel, so I rallied. Good thing I did.

For Rachel's version of events, see her blog: Guide to Menhatten.

Everyone met up at Weekend Club in Alexanderplatz. When we first walked in, it seemed like a relatively unremarkable club. Then, we saw some back staircase where everyone kept walking.

 When we went upstairs we got a taste of the wonderful view over Alexanderplatz and Berlin, on a lovely evening. We stayed up there hanging out and talking until nearly sunrise; I realized I am really going to miss all the friends I made on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment