Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dallas: Molly's Wedding, Day 2

I forgot to change my alarm settings on Friday night, so Saturday morning I was awoken by a blaring alarm at 7a.  Gross.

Miss graciously drove me back down to Dallas, and I met my friend Emily and her boyfriend, Juan Felipe for brunch at Breadwinners.  The Dallas brunch institution will not seat incomplete parties.  We literally sat in the crowded bakery section for an hour waiting form Juan Felipe's friend.

The food was pretty good.  Emily had the Julio's Huevos, and I had major order envy.  I have an annoying rule that I avoid duplicating orders.  I should have retired that rule.

After stuffing myself with brunch, Fern and I met up and walked the Katy Trail.  It's no Town Lake Trail, but it's pretty good.  It's cement the whole way, which isn't the best surface for running.  But, it is shaded and partially lit, which is nice.  Fern and I had an hour or so to walk and catch up.  She is always so impressive.  She should be writing a blog, not me.

I got ready, and Melissa met me over at Des's to head to the wedding.  Des graciously let me borrow a purse, so I didn't have to tote my briefcase to a wedding.  Miss drove.

The ceremony was quite lovely.  She had beautiful colors.  Molly and Sammy have been together for six years, so it was great to be with them to celebrate their special day.

The reception was at the Filter Building overlooking White Rock Lake.  All the bridesmaids wore boots at the reception.  Adorable.  After eating some BBQ, and drinking some wine, we hit the dancefloor for a second.  We took our obligatory Theta pic.
White Rock Lake is in the background, but it's too dark to see. 
After the reception, Miss dropped me off at J. Blacks on Henderson where I met up with Emily and her business school friends.  I also ran in to my friend Christine from the Archer program.  Liz and her Dallas friends met us there after they went to the Ranger's game.  It was quite a mix of different cross sections of my life.

My phone ran out of battery, to Liz coordinated my life with Des.  I met Des and Chase over at Bar Celine a block up.  The only discernible advantages of Bar Celine: 1) bocce ball, and 2) fresca.

We headed back to Des's place, and got ready for Chase's big day Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment