This weekend involved another trek up I-35 for the Red River Shootout. Isabel arrived into Austin after a month or so traveling Asia, and was charged with transport to Dallas. After some super-healthy breakfast tacos in Austin, we hit the road. Isabel’s friend Carol graciously agreed to host us at her lovely apartment in State-Thomas.
I left the group for the evening to meet up with some wonderful friends from college for Melissa’s birthday. Desiree took custody of me for the evening, and we went to Melissa’s dinner at Cyclone Anaya's in Addison. The Houston restaurant does know how to do tex-mex, and skinny margaritas.
After dinner, we went to Social House, also in Addison. I guess this bar was some transplant from uptown, for some reason. It couldn’t seem to figure out what it wanted to be. I am fairly certain that it only played five different songs on rotation the entire time we were there (three of which were LMFAO). We mostly sat on the patio.
When the party broke up among my responsible friends that weren’t on vacation, Desiree and I headed back into town to meet up with Liz, Ellen and some other friends at Liar’s Den (now called The Den) in uptown. We ran into more personalities from the college years, and enjoyed a rooftop with a great view of Dallas.
I crashed at Desiree’s apartment at Mockingbird Station, and we got a chance to catch up and watch some awesome Bravo.
I left the group for the evening to meet up with some wonderful friends from college for Melissa’s birthday. Desiree took custody of me for the evening, and we went to Melissa’s dinner at Cyclone Anaya's in Addison. The Houston restaurant does know how to do tex-mex, and skinny margaritas.
After dinner, we went to Social House, also in Addison. I guess this bar was some transplant from uptown, for some reason. It couldn’t seem to figure out what it wanted to be. I am fairly certain that it only played five different songs on rotation the entire time we were there (three of which were LMFAO). We mostly sat on the patio.
When the party broke up among my responsible friends that weren’t on vacation, Desiree and I headed back into town to meet up with Liz, Ellen and some other friends at Liar’s Den (now called The Den) in uptown. We ran into more personalities from the college years, and enjoyed a rooftop with a great view of Dallas.
I crashed at Desiree’s apartment at Mockingbird Station, and we got a chance to catch up and watch some awesome Bravo.
No comments:
Post a Comment