Friday, March 04, 2011

DC, Archer Reunion, Day 1


After a week full of papers and midterms I headed to DC for the weekend for a reunion/ celebration/ fundraiser for the Archer Center.  Really, it was just a great excuse to head up to my old stomping ground and see all of my friends.  On the way there I got one of those awesome emails from Continental saying that my AUS-IAH flight would be delayed.  The delay would cause me to miss my IAH-DCA flight, so I called to get everything switched.  This caused ensuing delay, fear of missing flights, and general anxiety, but I landed in DCA at 11p. 
I rushed through the airport, got a cab and met Marc (fellow Archer), Robert (fellow Archer), and Mark (Robert’s boyfriend) at Marc’s apartment.  I headed in, dropped my suitcase, drank a glass of wine, and then headed out to Blackfinn with the boys.  We met up with a bunch of Marc’s friends because one of them won a happy hour there.  We drank, and danced, and had a general great time. 
After Blackfinn, we went to Nellie’s a Gay Sports Bar, where I have never been surrounded by so many men, none of which would ever be interested in me.  Nellie’s has the good fortune of being three blocks away from Marc’s apartment.  So, after closing the place down, Marc and I went back to his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment