I was in the shape today that Amelia was in yesterday. Getting to/ through class was a struggle, but I made it. Somehow.
During class, Amelia realized that visa requirements would prevent her from going to Chile. She has a temporary passport that will expire within 6 months, and Chile requires it to be valid for at least that long.
After class, we headed back to our 'hood. I ran some errands in the two blocks around our apt and had lunch. After swinging by the supermercado and farmacia, I headed back to our place to finalize plans now that Amelia and Alan (who still hadn't finished his seminar paper from last semester) weren't coming to Chile.
The entire Texas crew + friends reunited at La Gran Caffe Tortoni for dinner. I came to this restaurant last time I was in Buenos Aires with my Mom. Its a cute historic cafe that is touristy enough to have an English menu. Our group was so big that we split in to three tables.
Dinner was great. The dessert was better. Our strategy or ordering the third cheapest Malbec panned out. The Depaul kids emailed us to meet them at a bar called Gibralter in San Telmo. Those of us headed to Chile went home to pack, but Amelia went with our new friend Brandon.
Zac and I got back and hit to packing. 5 days is a long trip and I switched bags like three times. Went to bed much later than I wanted to.
No comments:
Post a Comment