Friday, April 01, 2011

Nashville, Katie's Bachelorette Party, Day 1

I ran out of a really interesting class speaker a smidge early to catch my plane to Nashville. Two completely packet flights and I was there at 5:30p. Most of the rest of the group was driving from Atlanta or Birmingham, so I beat them.

I was met at the airport by Grandma Peggy. She rolled up in her huge Crown Vic, took me to check into the hotel (the elegant Holiday Inn Express) and then we went to dinner at Demos'. It was a casual dining/ family type of spot, but even at 6:30p, it was bumpin. I could tell you why- the food was great, and out total bill including two glasses of wine was $33 in the heart of downtown Nashville. After dinner, we found a store where I could buy two bottles of champagne and a 5hr energy, then she dropped me off at the hotel to meet the rest of the party.

Katie is my oldest friend (we've known each other since we were 2) but since she went to Auburn and lives in Birmingham, I hadn't met any of her friends. Unsurprisingly, they were awesome. The first night was the skeleton crew, and the second night had everyone.

We headed out around 9p with the intention of stopping for dinner since they hadn't had a chance to grab a bite. That didn't workout so we went straight in search of a karaoke bar. We were curtailed by the promise of a good live band and free drinks for the bride as The Wheel The band was good. The crowd was fun with a mix of sketchy. We stayed for a while until it was clearly go time.

Next stop was the adjacent karaoke bar that a bouncer at another bar promised was fun: Troubadors. We sang Proud Mary, Family Tradition, and I think some other favs. We certainly shouted along with plenty more songs. Go time was apparent when we grew a posse of strangers.



We headed to another bar, Nashville Crossroads where we were not particularily impressed.  We did, however, get Katie to sing on stage and ring the cowbell.  A very important job.  We got back to the hotel, angered the hotel staff, and went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment