After a really rough night in Austin, I headed to the New Orleans for Katie P.’s wedding. I got to the Royal Orleans and immediately went to my parent’s hotel room to shower and elevate my ankle (which I rolled when I fell the night before). Katie was already having Daquiri’s.
I rendezevoud with Isis, Rachel, and Katie and then I finally got to meet the groom, Anthony. The boys had a huge balcony with a few coolers and were really ready to start the weekend. All of Katie’s friends were great.
The rehearsal ran smoothly, afterward we headed to the Napoleon House for the rehearsal dinner. I fell in love with Pims. Anthony’s mother assembled all of these beautiful boards with pictures of the bride and groom. It really was so much better than those cheesy slideshows that a lot of couples compile. I sent in a pic of Katie and I from when we were 8 years old. Weren’t we adorable?
After the rehearsal dinner, cats were herded and the bridal party hit Bourbon Street. We started at Bourbon Street Blues Company, and eventually went to Studio 554. We put Katie up on stage and had her embarrassed. Too much happened too quickly and Katie was ready to head in. Wearing heels on Bourbon Street was a rookie mistake. Hope and I went in with her and everyone else stayed out a while longer. On the way in we saw Anthony and all my best friends from the Bachelorette Party.
We were locked out of the Bridal Suite and I had to go downstairs and convince the wedding coordinator to let us in. She of course had to follow us back to the room and judged us for going out the night before the wedding.

No comments:
Post a Comment